Feeling down? Try these easy tips to improve your mood and reduce stress:
1. Write down the positive. Writing notes about the good in your life and positive affirmations have been proven to help boost your mood and self-esteem.
2. Do a good deed. Research has shown that helping others can reduce stress, improve mood and happiness. Helping others can also put your life in a different perspective, especially when showing kindness to those who are less fortunate.
3. Be with people that make you happy. Being around negative people can bring your mood down. Surround yourself with people that can help cheer you up and bring you positive energy.
4. Get outside. Spending time outdoors can help boost your mood by reducing stress and anxiety. It can also help you focus and feel less fatigued.
5. Exercise. When you exercise the feel-good chemicals in the brain are increased and stress hormones are reduced. People who are frequently active have more energy, sleep better and feel more positive
6. Plan something to look forward to. Book a trip or plan a fun activity that breaks you out of your normal routine. Taking a break can boost happiness and help you mentally reset.
About the author
Our team of subject matter experts, product developers, customer service representative, care coordinators, writing staff and editors contribute to Doctor On Demand articles.